Affiliations & Disclosures
- Academy of Nutirtion and Dietetics (A.N.D. or the Academy) formerly the American Dietetic Association (ADA)
- New Mexico Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (NMAND) formerly the New Mexico Dietetic Association (NMDA)
- Food & Culinary Professionals Dietetic Practice Group (FCP DPG)
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group (NE DPG)
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group (SCAN DPG)
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group (WM DPG)
- National Speakers Association (NSA)
Current Board Positions (2011-2012):
- Past-Chair and Nominating Committee Chair, Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group (NE DPG)
- Vice-President, Osteoporosis Foundation of New Mexico (OFNM)
- Part-Time Faculty, Department of Math, Science and Engineering, Central New Mexico Community College: Nutrition 2110-Human Nutrition
- Part-Time Temporary Faculty, College of Education, Department of Individual, Family and Community Education, University of New Mexico: Nutrition 244-Human Nutrition and Nutrition 120: Nutrition for Health
Expert Resource/ProBono/Advisory Work:
- I am one of 12 professional members of the inagural Dairy MAX Health and Wellness Advisory Council.
- I serve as an expert resource for several reporters including for the Albuquerque Journal, Albuquerque the Magazine and freelance writers that subscribe to HARO. I am not paid for this work.
- I am one of several NMAND/Academy members contributing a monthly column in the Albuquerque Journal “Eating Well” in the Food Section on the third Wednesday of each month.
- I am not paid, nor receive a benefit, to endorse products or restaurants.
- I often receive free products as a result of my profession, but do my best to refrain from endorsing the product.
- If I write of a product, I do so because I genuinely like it and want to share the information. I receive no personal benefit by you purchasing or using the product.
- If I write a restaurant “review” I do not tell the owner or restaurant employees my intention. I do it because I like to promote good, local food businesses.
- I try to remember to put this in blog postings when I write of specific products.
- I do own a mutual fund and may likely own stock in some product I write about, but generally on a day-to-day basis, I don’t know which companies in which I own stock. That’s why I use a brokerage firm.